The Safe ride to the future will explore how all relevant players can take up this challenge and better work together to further improve motorcycling safety in Europe.
As part of the conference, ACEM will launch its new European Training Quality Label and will organise an exhibition on motorcycle safety technology.
Venue and date
The event will take place on 7 September 2016 at the Renaissance Hotel, 19 rue du Parnasse, Brussels, from 12:30 to 17:15.
[Form 12thACEMConference not found!]
Programme of the event
12.30 - 13.00. Arrival and registration
13.00 - 14.00. Walking lunch and exhibition of motorcycle safety technology
14.00 - 15.15. First panel. ‘Devising an effective motorcycling safety policy for Europe’
- Stephan Schaller. ACEM President. BMW Motorrad President
- Inés Ayala Sender. Member of the European Parliament
- Alisa Tiganj. Member of the Cabinet of the European Commissioner for Transport and Mobility
- Jacob Bangsgaard. Director of the Fédération internationale de l'Automobile - Region I
- Antonio Avenoso. Director of the European Transport and Safety Council
- Véronique Feypell de la Beaumelle. Administrator at the OECD and at the International Transport Forum
- Antonio Perlot. ACEM Secretary General
15.15 - 15.45. Coffee break.
15.45 - 17.15. Second panel. ‘Working across boundaries for motorcycling safety’
- Maria Seguí. Head of the Spanish Directorate General for Traffic (tbc)
- Casto Lopez Benitez. Policy officer. European Commission, DG MOVE
- Erwin Segers. Chairman of ACEM's Technical and Regulatory Affairs Committee. Honda Motorcycles Europe
- Jesper Christensen. Director of the Public Affairs Commission. International Federation of Motorcycling
- Veneta Vassileva. ACEM Safety Coordinator
Should you have any questions please contact:
Manuel Ordonez de Barraicua. ACEM communications officer