ACEM collects certain information or data about you when you use our website.
What we collect
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact ACEM
- Your name, job title, organisation name and country if you register for one of our events. For events held in the European Parliament, attendees without a permanent access pass need to send us their nationality, date of birth and i.d. or passport number which is then shared with the European Parliament security services.
- Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts.
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
What we do with this data
This data can be viewed by people in ACEM to:
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- Manage our event registrations and contact you about events you have registered for
- Gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- Send email alerts to users who request them
Where your data is stored
We store your data on a secure server in located in Roubaix (France). Backup copies are stored by OVH (in Strasbourg, France) and Assyst Europe (Brussels, Belgium). Our mailing list database is stored on a Sharepoint intranet. Event registrations are also recorded on our Sharepoint intranet.
Keeping your data secure
Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it is in transit. Any data you send is at your own risk. We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
Disclosing your information
We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so. In any case, we will never share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes. We will never pass on your details to other websites.
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect. Please contact us at . If you have signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ link that appears in every email.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites. The above information, however, only applies to our website and doesn’t cover other websites that we link to.
For more information on data protection and the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (from May 2018), please visit this website.