The safe ride to the future
Motorcycles play an increasing role in urban and leisure mobility across the European Union. At the same time, motorcyclists remain vulnerable road users requiring dedicated attention.
The industry continuously works to ensure high safety levels for powered-two wheeler users. Yet, there is a clear case for increased cooperation between manufacturers, policy-makers and other key stakeholders.
The Safe ride to the future will explore how all relevant players can take up this challenge and better work together to further improve motorcycling safety in Europe. The conference will cover key aspects of motorcycling safety such as advanced vehicle technology, human behaviour, road infrastructure, as well as the interaction between these. As part of the conference, ACEM will launch its new European Training Quality Label and will organise an exhibition on motorcycle safety technology.
Date and venue
The conference will be held on 7 September 2016 at the Renaissance Hotel
19, Rue du Parnasse, Brussels, Belgium.
Programme of the event
12.30 - 13.00. Arrival and registration
13.00 - 14.00. Walking lunch and exhibition of motorcycle safety technology
14.00 - 15.15. First panel. ‘Devising an effective motorcycling safety policy for Europe’
- Stephan Schaller. ACEM President. BMW Motorrad President
- Inés Ayala Sender. Member of the European Parliament
- Alisa Tiganj. Member of the Cabinet of the European Commissioner for Transport and Mobility
- Jacob Bangsgaard. Director of the Fédération internationale de l'Automobile - Region I
- Antonio Avenoso. Director of the European Transport and Safety Council
- Véronique Feypell de la Beaumelle. Administrator at the OECD and at the International Transport Forum
- Antonio Perlot. ACEM Secretary General
15.15 - 15.45. Coffee break.
15.45 - 17.15. Second panel. ‘Working across boundaries for motorcycling safety’
- Joël Valmain. Adviser for European and International Affairs to the Interministerial Delegate for Road Safety, French Ministry of Interior
- Casto Lopez Benitez. Policy officer. European Commission, DG MOVE
- Jesper Christensen. Secretary General of the Swedish Motorcyclist Association
- Abayomi Otubushin. Public affairs manager, BMW Group
- Erwin Segers. Chairman of ACEM's Technical and Regulatory Affairs Committee. Honda Motorcycles Europe
- Veneta Vassileva. ACEM Safety Coordinator
Registrations for this event are now closed.
Should you have any questions please contact Manuel Ordonez de Barraicua
ACEM communications officer