The European Association of Motorcycle Manufacturers (ACEM) is currently looking to expand its team with a new technical officer. ACEM represents manufacturers of powered-two and three-wheelers as well as quadricycles (L-category vehicles) in Europe.
The members of the association include 18 manufacturing companies and 17 national industry associations in 14 different European countries.
ACEM works closely with the EU institutions, as well as with a wide range of stakeholders, in different policy-areas. These include type-approval of L-category vehicles, environmental legislation, road safety and transport policies and international trade.
Job purpose and description
Based in the Brussels office, the function will report directly to the Technical Manager and the Secretary General.
The Junior Technical Officer will address issues related to:
• European and international vehicle type-approval regulations, and other regulations that influence the design of motorcycles and affect the industry and its products.
• European and International standards.
Key tasks will include:
• Monitoring, reporting, and coordinating activities with experts from the ACEM membership, facilitating the building-up of common industry positions.
• Representing the Motorcycle Industry, in both European and international technical meetings.
• Engineering degree (automotive, electromechanical or similar)
• 1-2 years’ work experience, ideally in motorcycle or automotive industry (vehicle or component manufacturing, type-approval or R&D) or equivalent
• Experience with EU and/or national institutions are a plus
• Fluent in English (spoken and written); knowledge of other European languages is a plus
• Ability to work in a dynamic and multicultural team, working in an international environment
• Ability to work autonomously on the assigned tasks in a result-oriented way
• Good analytical and communication skills
• Flexibility and ability to travel